My Photo
Name:
Location: The Oregon Cascades, near PDX, United States

Our home in the Oregon Cascades, provides us with peaceful days, and star-filled nights. We are grateful for fresh air, clean water, and enough space for our garden.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

After having our picture taken when we were leaving Larry's camp, we said a reluctant good-bye to The Cayo.

We headed south on the beautiful Hummingbird Highway, all the way to Punta Gorda, in the Toledo District.

Our long travel day did not give us much time to investigate the many attractions that lay along this route, but we did stop briefly at the Inland Blue Hole. We will have to return another time to enjoy the fabulous birdwatching and explore the caves that are a part of this same park!

http://www.ecoroute.org/tours-in-belize/belize-blue-hole-national-park.html

There is a wonderful video on YouTube, but I can't seem to make it embed to my blog. If you want to see more, just go to YouTube and search for the Inland Blue Hole, Belize!


Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Rob Thurman said...

Wow! These get more and more stunning. Incredible. I have been off line so forgive lack of comments. I will be studying these in detail, as I go to Cayo District tomorrow! My Matan friend in PG has made contact, so looking forward to getting there, too.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Rob Thurman said...

Me again. The photos of the pool make me homesick for Rhodesia! We had a pool called Sleeping Pool in Sinoia Caves. Colour of the water similar. You had to climb down 180 feet to the surface. This looks easier for a geriatric so I must get to see it if possible.

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home