My Photo
Name:
Location: The Oregon Cascades, near PDX, United States

Our home in the Oregon Cascades, provides us with peaceful days, and star-filled nights. We are grateful for fresh air, clean water, and enough space for our garden.

Friday, September 14, 2007

Sunflower State. Kansas has many beautiful fields of Sunflowers. If you read my blog, you know I'm a big fan of sunflowers!. There was no time to stop and take proper pictures. We had to drive 10+ hours, each of four days, to get back home by Sunday! All of the landscape shots were taken from the vehicle at high speed, so I think they came out amazingly well!

Now, here, I could mention that in Texas, we didn't see any Starbucks, and in Oklahoma, we saw only one highway billboard advertising "35 miles to Starbucks"...which was funny (but not funny, if you know what I mean)!

In Kansas, we saw another billboard (Starbucks Exit 71)...When we arrived we were surprised to see an oasis with lots of plastic palm trees (adorned with Christmas Lights) at the truck stop! I can't imagine why. As I was taking these photos, I saw a bird land on one of the plastic palm fronds, and go sliding down toward the center...It makes me laugh everytime I think of it!

If you click to enlarge, you can see the Starbucks sign between the trees!


Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home